Kaufman Field Guide to Birds of North America
Since its first publication in October 2000, the Kaufman Guide has been widely hailed as the best field guide to recommend to new birders. Everything about its compact size, straightforward layout, clear illustrations, detailed maps, and engaging text has been consciously designed to make the first steps in bird identification as easy as possible, so that beginners can get straight to the enjoyment of birds.
- Compact but complete, covering every species of bird found regularly in North America
- Clear, vibrant pictures, in digital images based on photos, for the most accurate and lifelike illustrations available
- Species are arranged by appearance, not by scientific sequence, so that similar birds are close together for easy comparison
- Lively, informative text describes the habitat, behavior, and identification of every bird
- Detailed range maps show where each bird is common or rare
- Illustrations, maps, and text are all visible at a glance in facing-page format
- "Pictorial Table of Contents" makes it easy for even first-time birders to put each bird in the right group
- Color tabs help with navigating to the right section
- Quick one-page index in the back makes it easy to look things up quickly
- Full index doubles as a checklist for tallying your life list
We are committed to lowering our impact on the planet by using eco-friendly, plastic-free packaging materials. We also embrace the power of recycling and often give old packaging a second life; as a result, your items may arrive in a reused package.
This purchase builds habitat.
Proceeds from every purchase in the TPF store support our nonprofit programs such as Adult Education, California Native Plant Landscaper Certification, Native Plant Garden Tour, Seed Conservation and much more. Your support makes the work we do possible!
We do not ship plants.
All orders are processed within 1 to 5 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) after receiving your order confirmation email. You will receive an email notification once your order has shipped.
Orders placed over the weekend will be reviewed on Tuesday of the following week. Please note we do not have staff onsite Sundays and Mondays.
Your order will be prepared and ready for pick up usually within 3 business days. You will receive an email confirmation when your order is ready.
Our in-store pickup hours are 8:30am-4:00pm on Tuesday-Saturday. Please have your order confirmation email when you arrive.
How do I check the status of my order?
When your order has shipped, you will receive an email notification with a USPS tracking number. Please allow 48 hours for the tracking information to become available.
If you haven’t received your order within 7 days after receiving your shipping confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com with your name and order number, and we will look into it for you.
Local delivery We do not offer local delivery.
International Shipping We do not offer international shipping.
Shipping to P.O. boxes USPS orders can be shipped to P.O. boxes.
Returns & Exchanges
We accept returns and exchanges within 14 days after receipt for eligible items which are like-new and in their original condition, unused, unwashed, and undamaged. Original shipping fees are non-refundable. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen packages.
If your order is damaged or defective upon arrival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to organize a replacement. We address these on a case-by-case basis but will try our best to work towards a satisfactory solution.
Exclusions: All sales are final and no returns or exchanges will be accepted on plants, seeds, bulbs, gift cards, sale items, food, etc. If you're unsure, please check the product page to verify if the item is returnable.