Covering more than 160 southwestern plant medicines, within 100 profiles, Medicinal Plants of the American Southwest clearly explains each plant's medicinal use, therapeutic indication, geographic range, botanical description, preparation, dosage, and caution(s). Common and scientific names and chemical breakdown are also specifically detailed for each plant. A complete preparation segment includes instruction on the use and making of teas, tinctures, syrups, salves, ointments, oils, washes, fomentations, and other modes of application. Readers will also find the therapeutic index, glossary, bibliography, and the exhaustive index valuable additions to the book. Nearly 100 colors photos further assist the reader in plant identification. Printed and bound in the USA.
- Medicinal uses for over 160 Southwestern Plants
- Historical, traditional, and modern applications
- English, Spanish, and scientific names
- Chemistry, preparations, dosage, and cautions
- Identification, botanical description, and range
- Collection technique and bonus edible uses
- Color photos with whole plant and flower detail