Observing a Monarch butterfly as it transforms itself from caterpillar to chrysalis to butterfly is among the most thrilling experiences that nature offers. With the help of this detailed guide featuring unique, close-up photographs, readers will learn how to raise and release their own Monarch butterflies, including:
- Nurturing Monarchs through their stages of development
- Safely handling and releasing Monarchs
- Ideas for photographing butterflies and caterpillars
- Conservation tips that encourage Monarch populations
How to Raise Monarch Butterflies explains what threats Monarchs face today and how readers can help conserve the Monarch's feeding grounds from encroachment. Revel in one of the most remarkable miracles of nature.
This updated edition contains:
- More than 40 new colorful and detailed photos
- Secrets to help you find more eggs and caterpillars
- Instructions on how to feed a monarch and more details on their care
- Expanded information on varieties and propagation of milkweed
- New page on the diverse insects in the milkweed patch
- New suggestions for starting a butterfly garden, including a large photograph of an outstanding Monarch way station.