This field guide includes the following items of interest:
1. How to identify a fern.
2. Life cycle of a typical fern.
3. Key to families of ferns and fern allies.
4. Family and generic descriptions; generic keys.
5. Descriptions of species with illustrations; species keys; habitat, elevation, range, and importance to humans, if any.
6. A section on activities which can add greatly to your knowledge and pleasure.
7. Glossary of terms.
8. Check list of ferns and fern allies of California.
This title is part of UC Press's Voices Revived program, which commemorates University of California Press’s mission to seek out and cultivate the brightest minds and give them voice, reach, and impact. Drawing on a backlist dating to 1893, Voices Revived makes high-quality, peer-reviewed scholarship accessible once again using print-on-demand technology. This title was originally published in 1966.
6" x 9"